Recipe: Chocolush Scones
These chocolate chip scones make a real change from the norm and are a perfect option for your afternoon tea menu. Served with cream and fresh fruit, they are a delicious treat.
Prepare: 10 minutes
Cook: 10 minutes
250g self-raising flour
2 tsps baking powder
30g caster sugar
2 free-range egg
150ml Shaken Udder Chocolush milkshake
50g milk chocolate chips
Cream and fresh raspberries, to serve
- Preheat the oven to 220ºC. Lightly butter a baking tray.
2. Sift the flour and baking powder into a bowl. Rub in the butter with fingertips until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs. Stir in the sugar.
- Break one egg into a measuring jug and make up to 150ml with the Chocolush milkshake.
4. Stir the chocolate chips into the dry ingredients, then make a well in the centre and pour in the Chocolush and egg mixture.
5. Beat to mix and stir into a soft dough. Lightly knead until smooth. Beat the egg in a bowl.
- Roll out the mixture to about 1cm thick and cut into rounds using a pastry cutter. Place on the baking tray and wash with the beaten egg.
- Bake in the oven for about 10 minutes until well risen and golden. Leave to cool on a wire rack and serve with cream and raspberries.