The Sipsmith Guide to Summer Cocktails
In 2009, on a mission to bring gin of uncompromising quality and character back to the city where it all began, the Sipsmiths threw open their blue doors of hope on Nasymth Street and launched the first traditional copper distillery in London for almost 200 years.
What makes Sipsmith so special…
– All of our spirits are distilled on copper to draw out the impurities and give a pure, unadulterated, smooth gin.
– We are one of the few gins in the world to use the one shot method; this means our gin is never from concentrate.
– We only ever keep the best quality heart cut of the run, similar to a fine malt whisky.
Sipsmith London Dry Gin
Our pride and joy, this is a quintessential expression of the London Dry style. Small-batch distilled using ten classic botanicals that would not have been surprising to an 18th-Century English Distiller, this is a sublimely smooth and characterful London Dry, dominated by notes of citrus, juniper and subtle sweet spices.
Try it with Ginger Beer as a refreshing summer serve…
– Muddle/Squeeze two wedges of lime into a highball
– Fill the glass with ice
– Add 50ml of Sipsmith London Dry Gin
– Top up with Ginger Beer
– Garnish with a sprig of mint
Sipsmith London Cup
Inspired by the punches and cups found in 1800s London, Sipsmith London Cup is a sublimely sippable punch crafted from our award-winning London Dry Gin, infused with Earl Grey tea, borage, lemon verbena and a host of other botanicals.
Our classic summer serve…
London Cup and Lemonade:
– Fill a large wine glass with ice
– Add 35ml of Sipsmith London Cup
– Top up with lemonade (of the non-cloudy variety)
– Garnish with a lemon wheel
Sipsmith Sloe Gin
We make our vintage sloe gin by leaving hand-picked sloe berries to rest on our London Dry Gin for 3-4 months. Our distiller only declares the batch as ready once it has reached the optimum flavour resulting in fresh a bright spirit with a sweet a warming finish reminiscent of a Cherry Bakewell.
Sloe gin is not just for Christmas…Try it out with bitter lemon tonic as a refreshing sippable summer serve…
Sipsmith sloe and Lemon:
– Fill a highball with ice
– Add 50ml of Sipsmith Sloe Gin
– Top up with Bitter Lemon Tonic
– Garnish with a slice of orange